Acquaint (परिचय प्राप्त करना)

Word of the week - AcquiantPronunciation:- अक्वेंट
Hindi Meaning:- परिचय प्राप्त करना, परिचित होना,  अवगत होना
English Meaning:- introduce, present, to make yourself familiar with, inform about something new.
Example :-
1. Please acquaint me with the facts of the case.

2. You will first need to acquaint yourself with the filing system.
3. Please acquaint your colleagues of your plans to move.
4. I bought a new computer and now I have to acquaint myself with the new programs.

Verb
1. Cause to come to know personally; "permit me to acquaint you with my son"; "introduce the new neighbors to the community".
2. Make familiar or conversant with; "you should acquaint yourself with your new computer"; "We familiarized ourselves with the new surroundings".

Synonyms:- familiarize, inform, introduce, apprise, notify

Antonyms:- conceal, hide, deceive, hold back, mislead, misrepresent


Previous words of the week: Chronicle
Dictionary Logo
Dictionary Logo